Dr. Michael U Ukwuru has a Ph.D in Food Microbiology from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Nigeria. He is currently the Head, Department of Food Science and Technology, The Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State, Nigeria. Dr Ukwuru has published over 40 articles in reputed journals. He has attended many conferences and presented papers. He is a member of the Editorial Board of more than 20 journals and an Editor in Chief of one journal. He has reviewed over 150 manuscripts for different journals in the last two years, some of which are recorgnized by PUBLONS. Dr Ukwuru is a member of 6 professional bodies and a member of one Network. His research area is Fermentation technology, Food safety/Food quality management system and Bio-processing.
|Research Interest :
My research interest is in the area of Food and Industrial microbiology and Food safety. Microbial biodiversity and interactions in foods, Quality management system in foods. Currently, I am working on the development of starter cultures with a view to enhance the quality of some commonly consumed traditional fermented foods in Africa. These foods are spontaneously fermented coupled with poor handling. This results in products with variable qualities and residual toxicity. The use of an appropriate starter culture for their fermentation will generally improve their overall qualities.
- Advance Research on Endocrinology and Metabolism (ISSN: 2689-8209)
- Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis Research (ISSN: 2643-0541)
- Journal of Nursing and Occupational Health
- Archive of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine (ISSN:2640-2297)
- Journal of Neurosurgery Imaging and Techniques (ISSN:2473-1943)
- Journal of Allergy Research (ISSN:2642-326X)
- International Journal of Diabetes (ISSN: 2644-3031)