Born on August 12, 1978, Girona, Spain.Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Navarra, Spain.Deputy Chair of Dept. Preventive Medicine and Public Health at the same university.Ph.D. in Pharmacy, University of Navarra in 2005.Research Associate at Harvard School of Public Health, Dept. of Nutrition in 2006-2007. Visiting scholar at Loma Linda University (California), Dept. of Nutrition in 2009.Member of the EASO Preventive and Public Health Task Force.Member of the editorial board of Alternatives Therapies in health and medicine and Tobacco Use Insights. Author of more than 112 papers in peer reviewed journals and several chapters in preventive medicine and nutrition textbooks. Principal Investigator of 8 projects funded by the Spanish National and Regional Funding Agency, and nutrition foundations. Researcher leader in the SUN project (a Spanish prospective cohort with more than 22,300 participants). Researcher of the multicenter randomized intervention PREDIMED and PREDIMED-PLUS Studies and the Spanish working group on obesity and nutrition (CIBERobn). European expert for the FP7 call (contract CT-EX2006C134477-102).
|Research Interest :
Healthy lifestyles as potential protective factors for chronic diseases and conditions such as type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, and obesity.
- Journal of Pathology and Toxicology Research
- Advance Research on Endocrinology and Metabolism (ISSN: 2689-8209)
- Journal of Neurosurgery Imaging and Techniques (ISSN:2473-1943)
- Journal of Cancer Science and Treatment (ISSN:2641-7472)
- BioMed Research Journal (ISSN:2578-8892)
- Journal of Rheumatology Research (ISSN:2641-6999)
- International Journal of Radiography Imaging & Radiation Therapy (ISSN:2642-0392)