Cell Signaling & Damage-Associated Molecular Patterns, also known as danger-associated molecular patterns, danger signals, and alarmin, are host biomolecules that can initiate and perpetuate a noninfectious inflammatory response. In contrast, pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) initiate and perpetuate the infectious pathogen-induced inflammatory response. A subset of DAMPs is nuclear or cytosolic proteins. When released outside the cell or exposed on the surface of the cell following tissue injury, they move from a reducing to an oxidizing milieu, which results in their denaturation. Also, following necrosis (a kind of cell death), tumor DNA is released outside the nucleus, and outside the cell, and becomes a DAMP.
Journal of Cell Signaling & Damage-Associated Molecular Patternswelcomes the submission of original research investigating endocrine systems and diseases at all levels of biological organization, incorporating molecular mechanistic studies, such as hormone-receptor interactions, in all areas of endocrinology, as well as cross-disciplinary and integrative studies.
The editors of encourage the submission of research in emerging areas not traditionally recognized as endocrinology or metabolism in addition to the following traditionally recognized fields: High mobility group box-1 (HMGB1); S100A8; Serum amyloid A; Receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE); Mincle; Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 (TREM-1), etc.
Research Articles, Review Articles, Mini-review, Case Reports, Opinion, Letters to the Editor and Editorials, Rapid and Short Communications, Commentary on all the aspects of Endocrinology & Metabolism are accepted. Submitted articles are subjected to stringent peer review and revision process before being accepted for publication, to maintain quality and significance of journal. The articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication thus improving the citations for authors and attaining a good impact factor.
Recently Published Articles in Journal of Cell Signaling & Damage-Associated Molecular Patterns
- Digging Back in Evolution: Danger in Drosophila Alexis Dziedziech, Dilan Khalili and Ulrich Theopold*
- Extracellular DNA as DAMPs in Plants: A Mini-Review LM Montoya-Gomez and RG Guevara Gonzalez*
- Chemerin - A Damage Factor that Promotes the Progression of Diabetic Retinopathy Mengyi Liu, Xiaoye Wang and Junhui Du*
- The Role of Genetic Mutations in Gene GNAQ in Sturge-Weber Syndrome Shahin Asadi
- Verrucous and Inflammatory - Epidermal Nevus Anubha Bajaj
- International Journal of Surgery and Invasive Procedures (ISSN:2640-0820)
- International Journal of Clinical Case Studies and Reports (ISSN:2641-5771)
- Journal of Alcoholism Clinical Research
- International Journal of AIDS (ISSN: 2644-3023)
- Oncology Clinics and Research (ISSN: 2643-055X)
- Ophthalmology Clinics and Research (ISSN:2638-115X)
- Journal of Spine Diseases