Jin Xiao, DDS, PhD is an Assistant Professor at the University of Rochester Medical Center in the Department of Dentistry. She has a background in Dentistry and Microbiology. In addition to her training, she completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry and General Practice Residency program at the Eastman Institiute for Oral Health and Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester. Dr. Xiao has been leading and participating in several clinical/translational and practice based network studies at the national level, funded by the US National Institute of Health. She has been serving in the Cariology leadership committee of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), and has been working as the scientific program chair of the IADR cariology group oral biofilm research session. Dr. Xiao has published extensively in the top-tier microbiology, oral biology and dental research journals, including PlosPathogen, PlosOne, etc. Additionally, she won first place in the American Association for Dental Research Hatton-Competition Award, which is the most prestigious-competitive award for young investigators conducting dental/oral research in the US/Canada.
|Research Interest :
Dr. Xiao’s current research interest includes: 1) understanding the pathological role of oral yeast in the onset of early childhood caries, and its maternal influence; 2) investigating the virulence and three-dimensional structure of oral and peri-implant multispecies biofilms, and using novel strategies to prevent and control biofilm related oral diseases.
- Journal of Pathology and Toxicology Research
- Advance Research on Alzheimers and Parkinsons Disease
- Journal of Psychiatry and Psychology Research (ISSN:2640-6136)
- Journal of Otolaryngology and Neurotology Research(ISSN:2641-6956)
- Chemotherapy Research Journal (ISSN:2642-0236)
- Journal of Cancer Science and Treatment (ISSN:2641-7472)
- Journal of Infectious Diseases and Research (ISSN: 2688-6537)