Seung-Yong Seong has completed his degree, M.S, and Ph.D. from Seoul National University College of Medicine in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. Currently, he is working as a professor at Seoul National University College of Medicine in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. He authored many publications in esteemed journals. He is an active member of various societies such as Korean Society for Microbiology, Korean Society for Immunology, American Society for Microbiology, and American Society for Immunology. He received many national and international awards for his contribution in the field of microbiology and immunology.
|Research Interest :
Anti-cancer immunotherapeutics have been developed for last couple of years and showed promising results. Nonetheless, there are many obstacles to overcome. We have tried to enhance antigen delivery into DCs by using nanoparticles and published on Nature Nanotech 2011. In addition, one of main hurdles is to identify tumor-specific target antigens to evoke successful cancer-specific immune responses. We have been trying to identify stem-cell specific antigens by comparing gene expression profiles between induced pluripotent stem cells and parental cells. Among the stem-cell-specific antigens, we identified tumor-associated antigens by analyzing SAGE database and by immunohistochemistry using normal tissue arrays and cancer arrays. We have been investigating their therapeutic potential as target antigens in immunotherapy using dendritic cells (DCs) vaccine and antibody therapeutics-targeting cancer-stem cell antigens in mouse tumor model. In addition, we have been trying to find out new molecular entities that control inflammation based on our novel views published on Nature Rev. Immunol 2004.
- Journal of Neurosurgery Imaging and Techniques (ISSN:2473-1943)
- Journal of Pathology and Toxicology Research
- Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis Research (ISSN: 2643-0541)
- Journal of Oral Health and Dentistry (ISSN:2638-499X)
- International Journal of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics (ISSN: 2689-7687)
- Journal of Blood Transfusions and Diseases (ISSN:2641-4023)
- International Journal of Radiography Imaging & Radiation Therapy (ISSN:2642-0392)