Dr. Yeu Ching Shi received her PhD degree from Institute of Microbiology and Biochemistry, National Taiwan University, one of the finest research institutes in this field worldwide. During her PhD program, she performed extensive research in diabetes pharmacology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry. Her innovation on research strategy and diabetes treatment strategy design was recognized by medical researchers around the world and has important practical impact on health care. Dr. Shi successfully isolated and identified the anti-diabetes compound from traditional Chinese medicinal fungi. This discovery no doubt will have profound impact on drug discovery for diabetes in the United States.
|Research Interest :
Dr. Shi’s research focuses on the design and development of natural compounds capable of improving and treating neurodegenerative disease. Her research has advanced the frontier of antidepressant drug discovery. In addition, Dr. Shi is widely acclaimed for her discovery of the role of oxidative stress in neurodegenerative disease as well as her discovery of neuro-protective effects of selenium on lead-induced neurotoxicity. Dr. Shi’s academic publications are well recognized by the research community as demonstrated by the significant number of citations that follows her publication. Her seminal work has formed the basis of several novel projects on-going in other groups.
- Advances in Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology Research (ISSN: 2688-5476)
- Journal of Genetics and Cell Biology (ISSN:2639-3360)
- Proteomics and Bioinformatics (ISSN:2641-7561)
- Journal of Genomic Medicine and Pharmacogenomics (ISSN:2474-4670)
- Journal of Astronomy and Space Research
- Journal of Womens Health and Safety Research (ISSN:2577-1388)
- Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (ISSN:2641-6948)