Prof. Jun Matsumoto has been engaging in the research and education in climatology in Tokyo, Japan, since 1985. He is currently a professor of the Department of Geography, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan. He became a director of the Research Center for Climatology, Tokyo Metropolitan University in 2015. He is also affiliated as a visiting Principal Scientist, Department of Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere- Land Processes Research (DCOP), Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) since 2015, engaging in the observational research in tropical meteorology and climatology. He is now an affiliate Professor of the Department of Geology and Atmospheric Sciences, Iowa State University, USA. He got his doctor of science at the Department of Geography, the University of Tokyo in 1992. Internationally, he served as a chairperson of the Monsoon Asian Hydro-Atmosphere Scientific Research and Prediction Initiative (MAHASRI) under the WCRP (World Climate Research Programme), GEWEX (Global Energy and Water Exchanges Project) from 2006 to 2016, and a co-chair of the Asian Monsoon Years (2007- 2012) under WCRP. He is also the chair of the Commission on Climatology (CoC) of the International Geographical Union since 2016.
|Research Interest :
1) Monsoon climatology and meteorology, 2) Tropical climatology and meteorology, 3) Environmental climatology, 4) Urban climate, 5) Climate change and variability, 6) Atmosphere-ocean- land interactions, 7) Seasonal change processes of the climate system, 8) Effect of climate change and variability on agriculture and other human activities.
- Journal of Veterinary and Marine Sciences (ISSN: 2689-7830)
- Advances in Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology Research (ISSN: 2688-5476)
- Journal of Womens Health and Safety Research (ISSN:2577-1388)
- Journal of Microbiology and Microbial Infections (ISSN: 2689-7660)
- Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (ISSN:2641-6948)
- Food and Nutrition-Current Research (ISSN:2638-1095)
- Journal of Genomic Medicine and Pharmacogenomics (ISSN:2474-4670)