Dr. Wong Ho, Jack, PhD.
Jack Ho Wong received his PhD degree in biochemistry from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2005. He serves as a research associate in the Faculty of Medicine and Shenzhen Research Institute, CUHK. He has worked on defense proteins/peptides for over 10 years. His research encompasses: (i) antimicrobial peptides and (ii) antitumor proteins/peptides. He has published more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed journals.
|Research Interest :
1. Mechanisms of antifungal (Candida spp (biofilm formation) and Trichophyton mentagrophytes), antibacterial (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Helicobater pylori) and antiviral (HIV-1) effects of various antifungal peptides and proteins derived from mammals (cathelicidin and its derivatives, defensins and lactoferrin and its derivatives), plants and fungi and Chinese medicines; 2. Mechanisms of anticancer (breast cancer and colon cancer) effects of fragments of defensin and cathelicidin and other proteins (ribosome inactivation proteins and lectins); 3. To develop novel antimicrobial agents by modifying existing peptides. 4. Study on inhibitors of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) from Chinese medicines.
- SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT
- RECOMMEND THE JOURNAL
SUBSCRIBE FOR ALERTS
- Advances in Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology Research (ISSN: 2688-5476)
- Journal of Astronomy and Space Research
- Journal of Genetics and Cell Biology (ISSN:2639-3360)
- Journal of Agriculture and Forest Meteorology Research (ISSN:2642-0449)
- Proteomics and Bioinformatics (ISSN:2641-7561)
- Journal of Genomic Medicine and Pharmacogenomics (ISSN:2474-4670)
- Food and Nutrition-Current Research (ISSN:2638-1095)