Dr. M. Joyce Nirmala PhD is a Young Scientist (since Dec 2015), Department of Science and Technology-Science and Engineering Research Board (DST-SERB), Government of India. Her current host Institution is the Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM). She obtained her PhD in Nanobiotechnology from the Centre for Nanobiotechnology, VIT University in 2015. She received Research Scholar Award from Vellore Institute of Technology with the highest cash prize for the year 2012 and 2013. This was to honor her maximum number of research publications in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. She has authored more than 40 original research articles including editorials in peer reviewed reputed International Journals. She worked as a Teaching and Research Assistant in the School of Biosciences and Technology, VIT University, Vellore (2010-2014). She completed her M. Sc. Biotechnology from the same University in 2009. She did her Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology in Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore (2000-2003), followed by one year of internship in 2004. She also completed her two years of bond period in the Department of Microbiology and the Department of Clinical Pathology of CMCH, Vellore. She obtained her Honors Diploma in Computer Applications in 2004.
|Research Interest :
Her research interests include Nanobiomedicine and Nanopharmaceutics. Novel drug delivery systems, cancer nanomedicine, antibiotic drug resistance, drug pre-formulations and kinetics, nano-bio interaction studies and nano-toxicity are some of the key areas.
- Journal of Cell Signaling & Damage-Associated Molecular Patterns
- Stem Cell Research and Therapeutics (ISSN:2474-4646)
- Oncology Clinics and Research (ISSN: 2643-055X)
- Journal of Clinical Trials and Research (ISSN:2637-7373)
- International Journal of Surgery and Invasive Procedures (ISSN:2640-0820)
- Ophthalmology Clinics and Research (ISSN:2638-115X)
- Journal of Cardiology and Diagnostics Research (ISSN:2639-4634)