Prof. Noah Isakov, Ph.D.
Noah Isakov, Ph.D. Professor The Joseph H. Krupp Chair in Cancer Immunobiology The Shraga Segal Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Genetics Faculty of Health Sciences, building M6, Room 129 Ben Gurion University of the Negev P.O.Box 653, Beer Sheva 8410501, Israel
|Research Interest :
Our main research interest focuses on T-cell antigen receptor (TCR)-directed signal transduction pathways in T lymphocytes, as well as a comparative analysis of signal transduction mechanisms in normal versus transformed cells. We aim at identifying and characterizing the mechanism of action of several important effector molecules in T lymphocytes and study their role in the immunological synapse. Among the proteins that we study are protein kinase C theta (PKCθ), ZAP-70, Crk and PICOT. PKCθ and ZAP-70 are essential for the regulation of T lymphocyte activation and differentiation, are key molecules in the immunological synapse of TCR triggered T cells, and their absence leads to immune deficiencies. The Crk adaptor proteins are involved in the regulation of signaling mechanisms downstream of the TCR, while PICOT, which associates with PKCθ in T lymphocytes and was found to be essential for embryonic development is highly expressed in several types of malignancies, including human leukemia, although its exact biological role is still enigmatic.
- International Journal of Surgery and Invasive Procedures (ISSN:2640-0820)
- Dermatology Clinics and Research (ISSN:2380-5609)
- International Journal of Clinical Case Studies and Reports (ISSN:2641-5771)
- International Journal of Anaesthesia and Research (ISSN:2641-399X)
- Journal of Renal Transplantation Science (ISSN:2640-0847)
- Journal of Spine Diseases
- Journal of Clinical Trials and Research (ISSN:2637-7373)