Opinions and Attitudes toward the Vaccination for COVID-19 among Students of â€œAlexander Xhuvaniâ€ University
917Views & Citations
10Likes & Shares
Introduction: In recent decades, vaccines have saved millions of lives and prevented the spread of serious diseases. Since December 11, 2020 time when the Pfizer vaccine received the emergency use authorization, Covid-19 vaccine production was seen as a light at the end of the tunnel. Although there are more people skeptical about undesirable side effects and the contribution of vaccines, the contribution to eradicating some diseases remains huge for humanity, as also the desire to apply the vaccine. We investigated the opinions and attitudes toward the vaccine against the COVID-19 virus among students of “Alexander Xhuvani” University.
Methods: This study was conducted on 242 University students, in Elbasan from October to November 2021. This was a descriptive cross-sectional study and all statistical analyses were done using SPSS version 20.0. P-values less than 0.05 were considered statistically significant.
Results: Overall students conducted in this study, the results showed that 66.1% of students identifiable the benefit and efficacy to control the disease. On the other hand, 33.9% of students were not up to date on their vaccinations, and think that vaccinations can cause problems in the future. Furthermore, 27.7% of students had not been vaccinated and did not plan to do so, 40.9% had received one dose of vaccine, 19.8% had received two doses of vaccine and 11.6% had not been vaccinated even though they planned to do so.
Conclusion: Results of this study show a moderate level of skepticism about the COVID-19- vaccine among students of “Alexander Xhuvani” University. Vaccine administration programs should encourage students to decide in favor of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. For skeptic students about whether to get vaccinated, these programs need to give knowledge with proper educational materials that dispel myths and misconceptions. As a consequence, barriers will diminish and also, will assist students in reaching an affirmative decision to participate in a future vaccination campaign.
Keywords: University students, Vaccination for Covid-19, Attitude, Elbasan
- Journal of Otolaryngology and Neurotology Research(ISSN:2641-6956)
- BioMed Research Journal (ISSN:2578-8892)
- Journal of Cancer Science and Treatment (ISSN:2641-7472)
- International Journal of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics (ISSN: 2689-7687)
- Journal of Blood Transfusions and Diseases (ISSN:2641-4023)
- Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis Research (ISSN: 2643-0541)
- Journal of Oral Health and Dentistry (ISSN: 2638-499X)