Biomarkers as a Diagnostic Tool in Cancer: A Boon or a Bane?
657Views & Citations
10Likes & Shares
Cancer Screening is a hotly debated and extensively researched topic. There are several screening modalities currently in application as well as being researched with the sole aim to detect cancer early and eventually eradicate it. The development of Next Generation Sequencing in genomic analysis and identifying biomarkers has garnered an exponentially growing interest amongst cancer researchers to precisely diagnose the presence of cancer at an early stage, thereby reducing the morbidity and mortality and potentially assisting with the prognostic and predictive profiling. The diagnostic and clinical efficacy of these biomarkers are potentially instrumental in helping improve the clinical outcome of cancer and should be researched with this goal in mind.
Keywords: Biomarker, Diagnostic, Cancer, Next generation sequencing, Detect early
- Journal of Infectious Diseases and Research (ISSN: 2688-6537)
- Chemotherapy Research Journal (ISSN:2642-0236)
- Journal of Pathology and Toxicology Research
- Journal of Blood Transfusions and Diseases (ISSN:2641-4023)
- International Journal of Radiography Imaging & Radiation Therapy (ISSN:2642-0392)
- International Journal of Diabetes (ISSN: 2644-3031)
- Journal of Nursing and Occupational Health (ISSN: 2640-0845)