Maternal Death and Potential Years of Life Lost (PYLL) in Santa Catarina, Brazil
21Views & Citations
Reason for Maternal Mortality as an indicator used to evaluate the health assistance and the social development. The analysis of the Potential Years of Life Lost due to maternal deaths is very important for definition health policy for women and financial investments to reduce losses of women from preventable maternal deaths.
Method: It was a population-based cohort, from 2011 to 2020, in the state of Santa Catarina, southern Brazil. Data were collected at the State Department of Health.
Results: The mortality ratio ranged from 28.5 to 26.9. It is important to note, hperver, that only 58% of the deaths of women of fertile age were investigated.
Conclusion: In this study was identificated high risk of the Maternal Mortality and the Potential Years of Life Lost in the state of Santa Catarina. The greatest losses were found in younger women, underscoring the need to prevent and control maternal mortality and potential years of life lost, and to review public policies in the state".
Keywords: Maternal Mortality, Potential Years of Life Lost, Causes of Death
- SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT
- RECOMMEND THE JOURNAL
SUBSCRIBE FOR ALERTS
- Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (ISSN:2641-6948)
- Food and Nutrition-Current Research (ISSN:2638-1095)
- Journal of Agriculture and Forest Meteorology Research (ISSN:2642-0449)
- Journal of Astronomy and Space Research
- Journal of Genetics and Cell Biology (ISSN:2639-3360)
- Journal of Veterinary and Marine Sciences (ISSN: 2689-7830)
- Journal of Microbiology and Microbial Infections (ISSN: 2689-7660)