Prof. Akimichi Morita
Professor Akimichi Morita graduated from Nagoya City University and received his MD degree in 1989. He received his PhD in basic immunology at Aichi Cancer Center. He studied photobiology and photoimmunology under the supervision of Professor Jean Krutmann at Duesseldorf University as a Humboldt Foundation fellow where he discovered UVA1-mediated human T helper cell apoptosis as a fundamental mechanism of UVA1 phototherapy. He also trained under the supervision of Professor Akira Takashima at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and developed a Langerhans cell-targeted vaccination. He has introduced numerous standard phototherapies to Japan. Since 2003, he has been Professor and Chairman of the Department of Geriatric and Environmental Dermatology at Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences.
|Research Interest :
His research interests include phototherapy, cutaneous immunology, and skin aging.
- International Journal of Anaesthesia and Research(ISSN:2641-399X)
- Journal of Spine Diseases
- Immunology Clinics and Research
- Journal of Clinical Trials and Research(ISSN:2637-7373)
- Journal of Alcoholism Clinical Research
- Ophthalmology Clinics and Research(ISSN:2638-115X)
- Journal of Immunology Research and Therapy(ISSN:2472-727X)