|Corresponding Author: : Katiukhin LN, Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences (IEPhB RAS) 44 Thorez Avenue, Saint-Petersburg, 194223, Russian Federation|
|Received: October 11, 2018; Accepted: October 18, 2018; Published: December 22, 2018;|
|Citation: Katiukhin LN. (2018) Erythrocyte Aggregation - The Phenomenon of Resting Blood. J Blood Transfusions Dis, 1(1): 16-19.|
|Copyrights: ©2018 Katiukhin LN. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.|
The results of the history of studying the phenomenon of reversible red blood cells aggregation and current methods of measurement have been provided. The work considers the conditions of aggregates formation in vessels with a low shear stress. An assumption was made of inappropriateness of uncontrolled reduction in aggregation capacity of red blood cells for correction of blood flow behavior in case of pathology.
Keywords: Erythrocytes, Aggregability, Shear rate, Aggregometry
1. Lee K, Kinnunen M, Khokhlova MD, Lyubin EV, Priezzhev AV, et al. (2016) Optical tweezers study of red blood cell aggregation and disaggregation in plasma and protein solutions. J Biomed Opt 21: 35001.
2. Lister J (1858) On the early stages of inflammation. Phil Trans R Soc Lond 148: 645-702.
3. Sokolova IA, Yu RS, Shakhnazarov (2011) Erythrocyte aggregation: Some questions and hypotheses. Russian J Biomechanics 1: 7-22.
4. Chien S, Jan KM (1973) Red cell aggregation by macromolecules: Roles of surface adsorption and electrostatic repulsion. J Supramol Struct 1: 385-409.
5. Stoltz JF, Donner M (1991) Red blood cell aggregation: measurements and clinical applications. Turk J Med Sci 15: 26-39.
6. Vicant E (1991) L'agregation erythrocytaire. Sang Thrombose Vaisseaux 6: 377-384.
7. Baskurt OK, Meiselman HJ (2009) Red blood cell “aggregability”. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 43: 353-354.
8. Neu B, Meiselman HJ (2007) Handbook of Hemorheology and Hemodynamics. IOS Press. Amsterdam.
9. Chien S, Sung LA (1987). Physicochemical basis and clinical implications of red cell aggregation. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 7: 71-91.
10. Rampling MW, Meiselman HJ, Neu B, Baskurt OK (2004) Influence of cell‐specific factors on red blood cell aggregation. Biorheology 41: 91-112.
11. Donner M, Siadat M, Stoltz JF (1988) Erythrocyte aggregation: Approach by light scattering determination. Biorheology 25: 367-376.
12. Katiukhin LN (2013) Erythrocyte shape transformation in physiological regulation of blood viscosity. Open J Mol Integr Physiol 3: 194-198.
13. Razavian SM, Del Pino M, Simon A, Levenson J (1992) Increase in erythrocyte disaggregation shear stress in hypertension. Hypertension 20: 247-252.
14. Tukhvatulin RT, Levtov VA, Shuvaeva VN (1986) Aggregation of erythrocytes in the blood, placed in the macro- and micro-cavity. Sechenov Physiol J 72: 775-785.
15. Charm SE, Kurland GS (1972) Cardiovascular fluid dynamics. Academic Press, London 2: 15.
16. Elert G (1998-2017) The Physics Hypertextbook-Viscosity. Physics.info.
17. Schmid-Schönbein H (1981) Microcirculation: Current physiologic, medical and surgical concepts. Academic Press, N.Y., London, Toronto, Sydney, San Francisco.
18. Yu SB (1988) Van der Waals forces. Nauka, Moscow, p: 344.
19. Wong JY, Majewski J, Seitz M, Park CK, Israelachvili JN, et al. (1999). Polymer-cushioned bilayers. I. A structural study of various preparation methods using neutron reflectometry. Biophys J 77: 1445-1447.
20. Litvinov RI, Weisel JW (2017) Role of red blood cells in haemostssis and thrombosis. ISBT Sci 12: 176-183.
- International Journal of Radiography Imaging Radiation Therapy(ISSN:2642-0392)
- Journal of Otolaryngology and Neurotology Research(ISSN:2641-6956)
- Archive of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine(ISSN:2640-2297)
- Chemotherapy Research Journal(ISSN:2642-0236)
- Journal of Cancer Science and Treatment(ISSN:2641-7472)
- Journal of Psychiatry and Psychology Research(ISSN:2640-6136)
- Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis Research(ISSN: 2643-0541)